Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Playwright Binge

At Art Hennessey's encouragement, I joined the Playwright Binge. During the month of March, bingers attempt to market their plays to at least one theatre or festival per day and periodically report on their efforts.

As of the evening of March 2nd, I had made five such submissions, a few inquiries, and made a list of another half-dozen potential venues. The opportunities I'm currently seeking for Total War are more for development and workshopping, but Arlecchino Am Ravenous is ready for production whether I am playing the role or not.

Now with the other commitments I have this coming month: Performing with i Sebastiani, performing Arlecchino Am Ravenous at Stone Soup, and starting pre-production for the staged reading of Total War in April, I may not be able to keep up with the Binge, but any marketing is better than no marketing. I actually gave myself a headstart by submitting work for March deadlines back in January and February-- somehow this is the one area of my life where I try to do things ahead of schedule!

1 comment:

Ian Thal said...

You can read a more detailed description of the binge here.