Monday, January 4, 2010

January 16th: Arlecchino Am Ravenous at PuppetSLAM

Photography by Shannon O'Connor; Montage by Ian Thal

Saturday, January 16th @ 8pm: I will be performing Arlecchino Am Ravenous as part of the PuppetSLAM at Puppet Showplace Theatre in Brookline.

Also performing:

Wonderspark Puppets
Little's Creatures
Kyle Mackesey
Paul Sedgwick
Jim Sedgwick
and Diane Kordas

Tickets are $15 and you can order them online or reserve them by calling the box office at 617-731-6400

Facebook users can also RSVP here.

Puppet Showplace Theatre
32 Station Street
Brookline MA 02445


I have previously performed Arlecchino Am Ravenous at The Gulu-Gulu Café, and Stone Soup Poetry. The piece originated as a series of improvisation on La Fame dello Zanni or "Starving Zanni" lazzo in preparation for a show at Willoughby & Baltic.

[N.B.: Added new information regarding line-up and links. January 11, 2010.]

4 comments:

Connecting Stories said...

I am totally digging your visuals - the photos [above] looked like a painting. Bellezzo! Who designed your costume?

Ian Thal said...

Grazie, Norah!

The costume is something I put together out of a lot of different things I collected over time-- it's my default mime costume. The mask, though, I made myself (you can see more pictures of some of my masks being worn by my students here.

This was actually from the very first performance of Arlecchino Am Ravenous and my Arlecchino costume has deviated quite a bit from my mime costume since then-- though when I'm presenting both repertoire at the same event, I have to make some compromises and have white face under the mask, or motley pants over striped leggings.

Ian Thal said...

There's been a last minute addition: I'll also be performing Arlecchino at Blood From a Turnip in Providence, Rhode Island on January 15th.

Anonymous said...

Ian - We're looking forward to your performance next weekend at the PuppetSLAM! -Ben Henry, Puppet Showplace Theatre