Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Spoonful #0

Spoonful, the new poetry journal of the Stone Soup Poets, has, through the hard work of Chad Parenteau and Lynne Sticklor published an online issue #0. Despite my having left the fold of Stone Soup many years ago, Chad's powers of persuasion can be largely credited with my decision to contribute to this project. The poem, "Numbers" was originally composed for a reading at the New England Holocaust Memorial organized by Stone Soup in 2001. The accompanying portrait is by Bill Perrault-- and I think it well selected. The poem has previously appeared in print in Out of the Blue Writers Unite and I Refused to Die.

2 comments:

Chad Parenteau said...

Thanks for the hype and praise. Are you going to submit again for issue # 1?

Ian Thal said...

It's not a problem. I like promoting projects with which I'm involved-- the vast majority of the time, that also involves promoting the efforts of others.

We'll have to see how things go. I've been lazy as of late getting my poetry out there (and indeed writing poetry) as I have been focusing most of my literary efforts this past year to the play I have been writing.