Sunday, November 13, 2011

November 28: "Arlecchino Am Ravenous" at Stone Soup


Monday, November 28 at 8pm at the Out of the Blue Art Gallery:

Just as you are recovering from Thanksgiving feasting Stone Soup Poetry will feature my performance of my one-man play, Arlecchino Am Ravenous a tale of slapstick blasphemy and auto-cannibalism.  Arlecchino is so driven by hunger to ravage both the heavens above and the hells below in search of a meal.  The piece developed out of a series of improvisations inspired by a reading of Italian Nobel-Laureate, Dario Fo riffing on Shakespeare, commedia dell'arte, and Dante. It was last performed at Stone Soup in March of 2009.

The Out of the Blue Art Gallery is located at 106 Prospect Street, Cambridge MA.

A poetry open mic will precede the performance. Stone Soup Poetry is hosted by Chad Parenteau.

Facebook users may choose to RSVP here

2 comments:

Zanni said...

I have just released this new blog about Commedia dell'Arte and Vulgar Comedy. I hope it will start up a deeper discussion on the subject then we are used to.
Please feel free to surf the site and comment what you read.
I hope you like it!
http://commedia.klingvall.com/about-this-site

Ian Thal said...

Hi Micke. Thanks for posting.I will be sure to check out your blog-- as you might be able to tell, I have a great appreciation for commedia and theatrical vulgarity!