Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Motionary Contest

Agata Stadnik, a graduate student at Mass College of Art and Design, and MIT, initiated the Motionary project as part of her work. She had come to my recent performance at Stone Soup and invited me to participate. Part of that participation was a contest in which I was asked to improvise a definition of four words using only movement.

These are all first passes, unrehearsed, and should not be taken to be completed pieces. The YouTube audience is invited to vote on the pieces as part of the contest. There's a whopping $50 at stake!

Sensors:
(My personal favorite of the bunch)



Vote or comment here.

Narrative:



Vote or comment here.


Visualization:



Vote or comment here

Gesture:



Vote or comment here.

2 comments:

Ian Thal said...

Well, I did not win the FIFTY AMERICAN SMACKAROOS in part because 75% of one's score was based on user responses on YouTube and I had less than 24 hours to mobilize folk.

But I can't say it wasn't fun!

Flowergirl said...

Hi Ian:

I am sorry, I was not able to read this article in time. I wasn't seriously online for around 15 days ..

But the presentations are really wonderful. It really speaks a lot

Cheers!